"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me." Words of Christ, John 14:1 NKJV
is the same
Hebrews 13:8 NIV
"For God so
loved the world
that He gave His
one and only Son,
believes in Him
shall not perish
eternal life." (NIV)
Note: God's law was intended not to restrict life, but to lead to fullness of life. Obedience to God leads to blessings from God.
Psalm 19:7-8 expresses:
The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul.
THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT
(from the New International Version Bible)
Note: Words of Christ in Red Letter
In the New Testament of the Bible, Jesus gave us The Greatest Commandment. A teacher of the law asked Him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" He answered, "The most important one is this: `Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: `Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." Mark 12:28-31 NIV
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
In the Old Testament of the Bible, Moses received the Ten Commandments from God to give to the people. They are:
1. You shall (Thou shalt...KJV Bible) have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commandments.
3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses His name.
4. Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor the alien within your gates, so that your manservant and maidservant may rest, as you do. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.
5. Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house or land, his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor. Deuteronomy 5:7-21 NIV
"I am the bread of
Send mail to WAllianceC@aol.com with
questions or comments about this web site.